- 23 March 2012
- From the section Africa
The government controls much of the islands' media, and operates radio and TV stations and the sole daily newspaper.
Private or pro-opposition publications can be robust in their reporting despite tough libel laws. Steep licensing fees have discouraged the growth of private broadcast media.
Multi-channel cable and satellite TV are widely available. BBC World Service (106.2 MHz) and Radio France Internationale are available on FM.
By December 2010, there were nearly 34,000 internet users (Internetworldstats.com).
- Seychelles Nation - government daily
- The Rising Sun - private daily
- The People - ruling party weekly
- Le Nouveau Seychelles Weekly - opposition
- Regar - opposition
- SBC TV - state-run, operated by Seychelles Broadcasting Corporation (SBC)
- SBC - operates national mediumwave (AM) service and music station Paradise FM
- Seychelles Agence Presse