Libya crisis in maps: Day by day
Thursday 31 March
Rebels continue to pull back from recently captured towns of Ras Lanuf and Bin Jawad along the eastern coast. A column of retreating rebel fighters came under heavy fire between Brega and Ajdabiya.
The rebel-held town of Misrata is still reportedly coming under attack from pro-Gaddafi troops.
Nato took sole command of international air operations over Libya. It said it had the means to enforce the UN resolution.
The alliance also said it was investigating reports of civilian casualties in Western air strikes on Tripoli.
A senior Vatican official in Tripoli, said witnesses had reported 40 civilians had been killed in strikes by Western forces on the city.Latest map
Forgotten snaps show clowning around and day trips to gallows
How technology is changing disaster relief
Inside the world of Singapore's birdsinging competitions
Should 16 and 17-year-olds get the vote?
How playing Salome changed Jessica Chastain's life
- Advice for foreigners on how Britons walk
- UK 'stagnates' in global school test
- 'Chubby' Brown is fined at hospital
- Minecraft map of UK adds houses
- Hostage family receives plea for life
- Day out at the gallows and other Victorian photographic oddities
- Vodafone: No UK tax to pay on £84bn sale
- PM: Queen purred over Scotland vote
- UK 'at war' and Hairy Cornflake's 'porridge' - papers
- IS 'not America's fight alone'