Libya crisis in maps: Day by day
Thursday 31 March
Rebels continue to pull back from recently captured towns of Ras Lanuf and Bin Jawad along the eastern coast. A column of retreating rebel fighters came under heavy fire between Brega and Ajdabiya.
The rebel-held town of Misrata is still reportedly coming under attack from pro-Gaddafi troops.
Nato took sole command of international air operations over Libya. It said it had the means to enforce the UN resolution.
The alliance also said it was investigating reports of civilian casualties in Western air strikes on Tripoli.
A senior Vatican official in Tripoli, said witnesses had reported 40 civilians had been killed in strikes by Western forces on the city.Latest map
Who will be satisfied and who left with regrets after transfer window? BBC Sport
How much has the Ice Bucket Challenge achieved?
Readers share their experiences of replacing their operating system
Does the rest of the UK care if the Scots become independent?
Why Paris is forgetting Ernest Hemingway
- Survivor singer Jamison dies aged 63
- How much has the ice bucket challenge achieved?
- Does the rest of UK care if Scotland goes?
- Perez sorry for posting naked photos
- FBI probes 'Cloud' celebrity leaks
- Russia 'to alter military doctrine'
- Brown issues warning over UK debt
- Google 'discourages' old browser use
- Boris Island airport plan 'not dead'
- IS accused of Iraq ethnic cleansing