Libya crisis in maps: Day by day
Thursday 31 March
Rebels continue to pull back from recently captured towns of Ras Lanuf and Bin Jawad along the eastern coast. A column of retreating rebel fighters came under heavy fire between Brega and Ajdabiya.
The rebel-held town of Misrata is still reportedly coming under attack from pro-Gaddafi troops.
Nato took sole command of international air operations over Libya. It said it had the means to enforce the UN resolution.
The alliance also said it was investigating reports of civilian casualties in Western air strikes on Tripoli.
A senior Vatican official in Tripoli, said witnesses had reported 40 civilians had been killed in strikes by Western forces on the city.Latest map
Fighter jets and screaming crowds for William and Kate
What's the story of John Lewis' 150 years of success?
The best news photographs from around the world
Peter Moores a good fit for new-look England BBC Sport
The airport that hosted a roll-call of presidents
- Family car catches fire among lions
- NHS 'on high alert during change'
- Pakistan TV anchor shot in attack
- Muammar Gaddafi killed in Libya
- The man responsible for the shutdown
- Billionaire to build Titanic II
- Former Radio 4 presenter dies at 88
- Burnt boy in 'critical condition'
- Row over tax 'raid' on pensioners
- HMRC 'plans to share personal data'