Libya crisis in maps: Day by day
Thursday 31 March
Rebels continue to pull back from recently captured towns of Ras Lanuf and Bin Jawad along the eastern coast. A column of retreating rebel fighters came under heavy fire between Brega and Ajdabiya.
The rebel-held town of Misrata is still reportedly coming under attack from pro-Gaddafi troops.
Nato took sole command of international air operations over Libya. It said it had the means to enforce the UN resolution.
The alliance also said it was investigating reports of civilian casualties in Western air strikes on Tripoli.
A senior Vatican official in Tripoli, said witnesses had reported 40 civilians had been killed in strikes by Western forces on the city.Latest map
Baby steals show as tour reveals rise in support for monarchy
Who are the people who take down Kim Jong-un's every word?
The story of one young man who 'couldn't believe he was lovable'
What made Poland's prime minister become an internet hit?
The lab that tests everyday products
- 'He couldn't believe he was lovable'
- Lifestyle quiz to secure a mortgage
- Why is Kim Jong-un always surrounded by people taking notes?
- Girl gives father's CV to Mrs Obama
- Hamster-sized deer born in Spain
- Gherkin tower in receivership
- Health atlas shows risks by area
- UK science to get £200m polar ship
- Prince George: Star of royal tour
- Probe over Hillsborough insult posts