Libya crisis in maps: Day by day
Wednesday 30 March
Rebels pulled out of the key oil town of Ras Lanuf, as well as Bin Jawad and Uqayla and are retreating from Brega after Col Gaddafi's forces advanced further east, bombarding rebel positions with rockets.
In Misrata, fierce fighting is continuing. One doctor says more than 140 people have been killed.
Coalition air strikes are again reported to have hit the capital, Tripoli, overnight. Reports said Gaddafi's compound was targeted as well as military targets in the suburb of Tajura.
British RAF Tornado aircraft carried out air strikes on Misrata destroying a number of military targets.
It was also reported that French aircraft had conducted air strikes on an anti-aircraft base 20km south of Gaddafi's hometown of Sirte.
Airstrikes were also reported near Brega .Latest map
Features & Analysis
- Online appeal unearths old web page
- MI5 'approached Woolwich suspect'
- Arizona sheriff 'profiled' Hispanics
- Rare Superman comic 'found in wall'
- 10 things we didn't know last week
- Two held after plane alert over UK
- Gunmen kill 12 in Baghdad brothel
- Afghan Taliban attack central Kabul
- Dancer 'lied' in Berlusconi sex case
- Lesbian drama is Cannes favourite
Elsewhere on the BBC
Michelangelo managed to complete Florence’s Medici Chapel during a time of uprising
Marc Cieslak looks at the watches which are capable of doing more than just telling the time