Libya crisis in maps: Day by day
Wednesday 30 March
Rebels pulled out of the key oil town of Ras Lanuf, as well as Bin Jawad and Uqayla and are retreating from Brega after Col Gaddafi's forces advanced further east, bombarding rebel positions with rockets.
In Misrata, fierce fighting is continuing. One doctor says more than 140 people have been killed.
Coalition air strikes are again reported to have hit the capital, Tripoli, overnight. Reports said Gaddafi's compound was targeted as well as military targets in the suburb of Tajura.
British RAF Tornado aircraft carried out air strikes on Misrata destroying a number of military targets.
It was also reported that French aircraft had conducted air strikes on an anti-aircraft base 20km south of Gaddafi's hometown of Sirte.
Airstrikes were also reported near Brega .Latest map
- Becky Watts: Body parts found at Bristol house
- Emwazi father 'in state of shock'
- Delhi rapist says victim shouldn't have fought back
- Weasel photographed riding on a woodpecker's back
- Disgraced entertainer Rolf Harris stripped of CBE
- UK children suffered sex abuse on 'industrial scale'
- Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu speaks to US Congress
- Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu - Iran a 'global threat'
- The art of before-and-after pictures
- Singapore remains world's most expensive city