Freedom 2014: Terms and conditions
- 23 January 2014
- From the section Magazine
This year the BBC is examining the concept of "freedom" and what it is.
We want you to take part, and using your photos, drawings, paintings, animations and videos, show the world what freedom looks like to you.
We'd also like to know why the image you choose means freedom to you, so please send us a short explanation when you get in touch.
We want to share your vision with our global audience on our websites, TV and radio stations and with our partners around the world as well as on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. This project is part of the BBC's freedom2014 season which is launched on 25 January 2014.
You can submit your vision of Freedom from 29 January to 15 March 2014.
How to get involved
Simply take a photo, draw a picture, paint a painting, animate an animation or film a video and send it to us.
If you are over 18 you can upload your contribution as below. If you are under 18, your parent or guardian must upload the contribution and give permission for it to be used.
Uploading your contribution
- You can upload your image or video to us on our website
- You can also send it via email to email@example.com
- If your image bounces back, please upload it to a site (such as Flickr, Instagram or Pinterest, but not restricted to only those) and email a link to the image to the contact address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your contribution is a video, you can also upload it to a sharing site (such as Vimeo, Instagram or YouTube, but not restricted to only those) and email the link to us
- You can also submit contributions via Twitter by tweeting @bbcworld or @bbcworldservice with the hashtag #freedom2014 and we will monitor this
- You can send it via message or a link to an image site to the BBC World News Facebook or BBC World Service Facebook accounts
Please tell us why this contribution represents freedom to you so we can give that explanation to anyone who sees your image.
When submitting your contribution, we would also like to know your name, age, nationality and contact details, including phone number. We would like to get a wide range of nationalities involved and look at what freedom looks like to different people, of different ages. This will help us tell stories about the different images we get from different people.
The BBC may contact you after we have received your image - however this is not guaranteed. We normally show your name with your contribution, unless you request otherwise, but for operational reasons this is not always possible.
Unfortunately we cannot publish all contributions and/or return your contribution (so do keep a copy).
There are some rules.
- It must be your own contribution: your image, your picture, your film
- If your contribution includes images of someone else, they must give permission for their image to be used
- If your contribution includes children (under 18) then the parent or guardian of each child must give written permission for the child's image to be used
- If your contribution is filmed at a venue/location, you must have permission to film there
- If you include music in your contribution, you must use only music which has been written and performed by you
- If you are under 18 your parent or guardian must submit your contribution and confirm they are happy for it to be published
- Your entry must not be defamatory or obscene or contain any element of advertisement material for commercial products or services
We may share your contribution with our websites, TV, including World News TV and radio stations and with our partners around the World as well as on social media sites like Facebook.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
BBC is not responsible for third party sites.