Tycroes house fire and 'explosion' leaves two hurt
- 4 August 2014
- From the section South West Wales
Two men have been taken to hospital after reports of an explosion causing a house fire in Carmarthenshire.
Local residents reported hearing a loud bang from the property in Hafod Road, Tycroes, at 16:20 BST on Monday.
Mid and West Wales Fire and Service said the house had been extensively damaged and the cause of the fire would be investigated.
Gas and electricity engineers were called to the scene but officials would not confirm reports of a gas explosion.
The fire was extinguished shortly after 20:00 BST but crews remained at the scene.
The A483 was closed in both directions with diversions in place as emergency services dealt with the incident but it later reopened.