Homes evacuated after gas leak in Llanerch, Llanelli
- 17 December 2013
- From the section South West Wales
Around 80 homes were evacuated after a gas leak in Llanelli.
Emergency services were called to the Llanerch area at 18:05 GMT on Monday after a strong smell of gas was reported.
Those affected, within 100 metres of the leak, were taken to Llanelli leisure centre but later returned to their homes. No-one was injured.
Dyfed-Powys Police said moving them was "absolutely necessary" to ensure safety.