Public reassured after Swansea pool sex attacks
Users of Swansea's main leisure centre have been told everything is being done to ensure their safety after three girls were sexually assaulted in the swimming pool.
The girls - aged eight, nine and 15 - were targeted by a man in the LC at about 16:20 BST on Wednesday.
The suspect is tanned with collar-length brown hair, unshaven and wearing black or blue knee-length board shorts.
The centre was closed for a short time while police searched the premises.
Nick Bradley, Swansea council's cabinet member for regeneration and leisure, said: "The police and the leisure centre staff handled the situation with the most sensitivity.
End Quote Councillor Nick Bradley Swansea Council
We will continue to make sure it continues to be a safe environment”
"They were very quick to respond. The police are now dealing with it and we hope to catch the individual responsible.
"It was an isolated incident and it's business as usual at the LC.
"People are obviously going to take extra care and we will continue to make sure it continues to be a safe environment."
South Wales Police said none of the the victims had been injured and that the incidents were being treated very seriously.
Det Insp David Butt of Swansea Central CID said: "I am appealing to anyone who was in the pool at the relevant time and saw this man or can assist in identifying him to come forward," he added.
South Wales Police said anyone with information should call Swansea Central CID on 01792 450618 or 101 or phone Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.