Carbon monoxide warning to pupils in play by Theatr na n'Og
- 19 February 2013
- From the section South West Wales
The dangers of carbon monoxide are being dramatised in a children's play which will tour schools in Swansea.
Neath-based Theatr na n'Og's 30-minute drama targets primary school age children in the hope they will pass messages on to grandparents.
It says the older generation is most at risk from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Grandparents are invited to attend the production, called A Breath of Fresh Air, across 20 schools.
The theatre's artistic director, Geinor Styles, said: "It's about connecting across the generations.
"Older people tend to be more at risk from carbon monoxide poisoning, and there have been cases of people blocking up vents.
"Children are a great audience for this type of information-sharing production, and we've asked schools to invite grandparents to watch it with the children."
The play, funded by Wales & West Utilities and Arts & Business Cymru, tells the story of a woman and her grandson who lose a loved one through carbon monoxide poisoning.
The tour starts at Morriston School on 18 February and ends on 1 March.