Man from Barry rescued after fire breaks out in kitchen

A man has been rescued after a fire broke out in a flat.

South Wales Fire and Rescue said the blaze in the three-storey building on Holton Road, Barry, started at around 02:25 GMT on Tuesday.

It is thought the fire started in the kitchen and filled the rest of the flat with smoke.

Officers using thermal imaging gear and wearing breathing apparatus put the fire out using a water jet.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC South East Wales

Weather

Cardiff

Min. Night 12 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.