Hog roast machine catches fire at Coleg Morgannwg

South Wales fire crews have been dealing with a hog roast machine which caught fire at a Cynon Valley college.

Two teams from Aberdare were sent to the Coleg Morgannwg campus at Cwmdare Road after the alarm was raised at 08:20 BST on Saturday.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus said a ground floor kitchen area was badly affected by smoke.

However, a search with thermal imaging cameras found that nobody was in the buildings.

Two hoses were used to extinguish the fire, and the smoke was cleared from the area.

The South Wales Fire and Rescue Service said the incident was being treated as accidental, and there were no reports of any casualties.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC South East Wales

Weather

Cardiff

Min. Night 2 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.