South East Wales

Talbot Green fire: Woman rescued from kitchen

A woman was taken to hospital after being rescued by firefighters from a blaze in a house at Talbot Green, Rhondda Cynon Taf.

South Wales Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was in the kitchen.

Crews from Pontypridd and Pontyclun were called to the property in Llys Catwg at around 20:35 GMT and the fire was out within about 45 minutes.

A fire service spokesperson said the casualty was suffering from smoke inhalation.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites