Lisa Jones chimenea death: Tributes paid to 'bubbly' teen
- 3 July 2014
- From the section North West Wales
A teenager who died after a garden chimenea exploded has been described as popular and outgoing.
Lisa Jones, 19, from Llanfairfechan, Conwy county, was taken to Manchester's Wythenshawe Hospital after the incident at a house in Chorley on 21 June.
The former Llandrillo College hairdressing student died on Wednesday.
Hairdressing salon manager, Anita Lewis, said: "Lisa was a bright and bubbly girl who was popular with both her classmates and her tutors."
Lancashire Police said there was an explosion after someone tried to light the outdoor fireplace at a house in Chorley.
A 19-year-old man from the area was questioned and released.
More inquiries are being carried out and a file has been passed to the coroner.
"It appears an accelerant was poured on to the chimenea and the lady was standing close by when it went up," a Lancashire Police spokesman told the Daily Post newspaper.
"We are satisfied this was a very unfortunate accident."
Ms Lewis added: "Our thoughts are with her family and friends at this sad time."