Flats evacuated as crews tackle Llandudno bedroom fire

A block of flats had to be evacuated during a fire in the early hours of Friday.

North Wales fire service said the blaze was caused by electrical cables under the floorboards of a bedroom in a first-floor flat on Clifton Road in Llandudno, Conwy county.

Two crews from the town received the call at 02:50 GMT and two jets were used to put the fire out.

They left the scene two hours later. There were no casualties.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC North West Wales

Weather

Anglesey

17 °C 12 °C

Features

  • Peaky Blinders publicity shotBrum do

    Why is the Birmingham accent so difficult to mimic?


  • Oliver CromwellA brief history

    The 900-year-story behind the creation of a UK parliament


  • Image of Ankor Wat using lidarJungle Atlantis

    How lasers have revealed an ancient city beneath the forest


  • TigerBard taste? Watch

    Are trailer videos on social media spoiling theatre?


  • Tesco signBest before?

    Has Tesco passed its sell-by date, asks Richard Anderson


BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.