LlanfairPG flat fire - nine evacuated

Nine people had to be evacuated from their homes on Anglesey after a fire at a block of flats.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service say the occupants were told to leave as a precaution after fire broke out at the building at Llanfairpwllgwyngyll just before 02:00 GMT on Friday.

The blaze, which is thought to have been caused by faulty wiring, damaged a kitchen.

No-one was injured.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC North West Wales

Weather

Anglesey

Min. Night 4 °C

Features

  • How ebola spread graphicPatient zero

    How one boy’s death triggered Ebola outbreak


  • Passport control at airportNews quiz

    How much do you know about migration?


  • Phillip Hughes playing cricket for Australia in September 2014Brain trauma

    How is the brain injured and protected from injury?


  • Passengers pushing planeHeave!

    How many people does it take to push a plane?


  • Complainant'Like being in hell'

    The story of one victim of paedophile care home boss


BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.