Fire crews tackle blaze in Ffordd y Morfa, Abergele

Firefighters have tackled a blaze at a house in Abergele, Conwy.

Fat residue on a cooker caught light and the fire spread through the kitchen at the property in Ffordd y Morfa.

The alarm was raised at 17:25 BST and fire crews from Abergele and Colwyn Bay were sent to the scene.

Firefighters using breathing apparatus and thermal imaging equipment tackled the flames with a water jet. A man in the property was treated at the scene for the effects of smoke.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said 80% of the kitchen was destroyed.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC North West Wales

Weather

Anglesey

14 °C 7 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.