Cowbridge house fire couple taken to hospital

A couple have been taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire in the kitchen of a house in the Vale of Glamorgan.

Firefighters were sent to the house at St John's Close in Cowbridge at 04:15 GMT.

The pensioners, who had managed to get out of the smoke-logged house themselves, were taken to the Princess of Wales Hospital in Bridgend by paramedics.

Crews used a fan to clear the smoke.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

More Wales stories

RSS

Features

  • The OfficeIn pictures

    Fifty landmark shows from 50 years of BBC Two


  • French luxury Tea House, Mariage Freres display of tea pots Tea for tu

    France falls back in love with tea - but don't expect a British cuppa


  • Worcestershire flagFlying the flag

    Preserving the identities of England's counties


  • Female model's bottom in leopard skin trousers as she walks up the catwalkBum deal

    Why budget buttock ops can be bad for your health


  • Two women in  JohanesburgYour pictures

    Readers' photos on the theme of South Africa


BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.