Greenacres caravan park chemical alert caused by 'disinfectant mixing error'

Related Stories

A "disinfectant mixing error" caused a chemical incident at a Flintshire caravan park, said officials.

Six adults and two children were given hospital check-ups after suffering from the effects of inhalation of fumes at Greenacres park in Gronant.

The fire service said Wednesday's incident involved a chlorine mixture.

Flintshire council said the owner had safely disposed of a small amount of materials, and its health officials were satisfied the site was safe.

Council community protection officer Mike Lovatt said: "The incident was caused by a disinfectant mixing error and the owner has been given the appropriate advice and guidance to ensure that this does not happen again."

More on This Story

Related Stories

BBC North East Wales

Weather

Wrexham

15 °C 10 °C

Features

  • OrangemanPunctured pride?

    How would N Ireland's Orangemen feel if Scotland left the union?


  • Sheep on Achill IslandMass exodus

    Why hundreds of thousands of people have left Ireland


  • MarchionessThames tragedy

    Survivors and victims' families remember Marchioness disaster


  • A teenaged mother in the Zaatari campUntold misery

    The plight of Syria's refugee child brides


  • Michael MosleyMeat feast?

    Which is the best eco option - eating beef, chicken or mussels?


BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.