Norovirus shuts six wards at Wrexham Maelor Hospital
- 20 July 2012
- From the section North East Wales
The number of wards closed to new admissions at Wrexham Maelor Hospital after an outbreak of the norovirus sickness bug has risen back up to six.
Two further wards have restrictions, a decrease from earlier in the week, and 20 patients are displaying symptoms, which is down from 28 on Thursday.
Hospital bosses are urging people not to visit if they have had diarrhoea or vomiting symptoms in the past 48 hours.
They have said they are taking a "rigorous" approach on admissions.
The number of wards shut has fluctuated during the week.
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board, which manages the hospital, said in a statement: "If you are due to come into hospital as a patient and have recently suffered from D&V (diarrhoea or vomiting) please telephone us for advice before coming to hospital."