Media playback is unsupported on your device

Neknominate death: Stephen Brookes suffered acute alcohol poisoning

28 April 2014 Last updated at 20:06 BST

The family of a man who took part in the internet drinking game Neknominate has warned of its dangers.

An inquest has heard that 29-year-old Stephen Brookes died in February this year after downing three-quarters of a bottle of vodka and taking cocaine.

Matt Murray reports.

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.