Two women hurt in Caernarfon campsite gas stove blast

Two women have been taken to hospital with facial burns after a gas cylinder exploded while they were cooking at a campsite at Nant Gwynant, Gwynedd.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service were called to the Llyn Gwynant site, Caernarfon, at 18:18 BST.

The pair were taken to Ysbyty Gwynedd hospital in Bangor. Their condition is not known.

The fire service has urged campers and caravanners to take care when using bottled gas.

Spokesman Gareth Griffiths, said: "Caravans and tents are potentially more hazardous than our homes as the inherent risks are magnified in confined spaces - so its important not to let your guard down and forget basic fire safety advice when on your holiday.

"Cooking inside a tent is not recommended.

"Even a fire-resistant tent may burn, and be particularly mindful of the risk of fire inside smaller tents with only one exit."

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

More Wales stories

RSS

Features

  • Peaky Blinders publicity shotBrum do

    Why is the Birmingham accent so difficult to mimic?


  • Oliver CromwellA brief history

    The 900-year-story behind the creation of a UK parliament


  • Beer and alcoholAbstinence wars

    The struggle to claim the month of October


  • Image of Ankor Wat using lidarJungle Atlantis

    How lasers have revealed an ancient city beneath the forest


  • Tesco signBest before?

    Has Tesco passed its sell-by date, asks Richard Anderson


BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.