Toddler Sonny Rees served whisky at Frankie and Benny's


A restaurant has apologised after a toddler was served whisky instead of fruit juice at his birthday party.

Sonny Rees drank the whisky at his second birthday in a Frankie and Benny's restaurant in Swansea.

His mother Nina Rees only realised the mistake after he had nearly finished the drink.

Sonny, from Pontarddulais in Swansea, was taken to accident and emergency where he was kept under observation by doctors.

Dr Dewi Evans, a consultant paediatrician, said alcohol in a large dose could lead to a child becoming unconscious.

Copyright © 2016 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.