Barn converted for couple who lost home in house fire


Residents in a Denbighshire village have converted a barn to house two uninsured pensioners who lost most of their possessions in a fire.

Tony Cummins, 73, is recovering in hospital from burns and his wife Gail, 65, was left devastated by the blaze in Llanarmon-yn-Ial.

Neighbours Steve and Jackie Mangan have renovated a barn for the couple's use.

Ms Mangan said other residents had volunteered their time and some companies had donated equipment.

Copyright © 2018 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.