Maesteg murder: Stuart Worvell, 22, appears on double stabbing
A 22-year-old man has appeared before Bridgend magistrates charged with murder and attempted murder following a double stabbing near Maesteg.
Stuart Worvell is accused of murdering Thomas Sutton, 20, last Tuesday, and attempting to murder Kyle Harris, 17, who remains in hospital following an incident in Nantyffyllon.
Mr Worvell spoke only to confirm his name and was remanded in custody.
He is due to appear at Cardiff Crown Court on Wednesday.
There was a high police presence at the court, and there was shouting and abuse as Mr Worvell was brought into the dock.
The words "I'm going to kill you" were heard from the packed public gallery.
There was no application for bail.
Previously, Det Ch Insp Steve Benson-Davison, who is leading the murder investigation, said: "Although this individual has been charged, we are still urging anyone in the community with information to contact police as the investigation into these offences continues."Community thanked
He said officers were particularly keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or anyone who was in the Tonna Road area of Maesteg on Tuesday, 26 June between 19:00 and 21:30 BST.
"I would like to thank the community of Maesteg and the media for their support of the investigation so far," he added.
"The information provided to us has been invaluable."
Meanwhile, police have confirmed that Mr Harris remains critical but stable in hospital.
South Wales Police have appealed for anyone with information to contact the incident room at Bridgend Police Station on 01656 306099 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.