Creigiau carnival: Men suffer burns as marquee hits lines
- 30 June 2012
- From the section Wales
Four men men have been taken to hospital after they received burns when a marquee at a carnival hit overhead power lines.
South Wales Police said the men were trying to tether the tent after it was blown away by the wind at Creigiau, near Cardiff at 13:30 BST on Saturday.
The ambulance service said the men received electric shocks.
It is understood they had minor burns to their hands and feet but their injuries are not life threatening.
The carnival has no power but no local homes are affected, police said.
Western Power Distribution are at the scene trying to fix the problem.
Police, along with three ambulances and a rapid response vehicle attended the scene.
The men were taken to the Royal Glamorgan Hospital in Llantrisant.
A South Wales Police spokesman said: "As members of the public tried to retain the tent, four men suffered minor burns to their hands and feet and were taken to hospital."