Stranraer waterfront investment approval agreed
Investment of nearly £500,000 has been agreed to finance a series of projects to help regenerate Stranraer waterfront.
The programme was put in place by Dumfries and Galloway Council after Irish Sea ferry operator Stena Line moved its port operations to Cairnryan.
The strategy aims to redevelop the harbour as a marina complex as well as seeing wider regeneration of the town.
In total, almost £2.5m is being invested in the project.
The breakdown for the latest spending is:
- Events trailer stage - £54,000
- Agnew Park facilities - £160,000
- Harbour access ramp - £75,000
- Boat storage area - £100,000
- Car park improvements - £100,000
Councillors have now given their approval for the plans for the final tranche of funding.