Dumfries Big Burns Supper launch cancelled
- 25 January 2013
- From the section South Scotland
Snow has forced the cancellation of a "mass participation" opening show at the Big Burns Supper in Dumfries.
Hundreds of school children from around the region had been due to congregate at the town's Midsteeple.
However, organisers took the decision at 15:00 on Friday to cancel the show because of safety concerns.
Director Graham Main said he understood the community would be "very disappointed" after having "worked tirelessly" to prepare for the event.
"However, the safety of audience and participants has to be our first priority and it is with this in mind that the decision has been made to cancel," he said.
All other shows will be running as programmed.