Scottish independence reports: Foreign policy
- 20 January 2014
- From the section Scotland politics
- Foreign policy considerations for the UK and Scotland in the event of Scotland becoming an independent country (Westminster Foreign Affairs Committee) (1 May 2013) - Westminster's Foreign Affairs Committee said the UK's influence in the EU may decline in the event of Scottish independence.
- Scotland's Place in Building a Just Word: Shaping a Coherent International Development Policy for Scotland (Network of International Development Organisations in Scotland) (21 November 2013) - The organisation, supported by more than 100 organisations like Christian Aid, Concern Worldwide and Oxfam, said Scotland - whatever its constitutional status - must consider the global impact of all its policies, not just those directly linked to international development.
- Implications for development in the event of Scotland becoming an independent country (Westminster international development committee) (19 December 2013) - The cross-party committee said Scotland, if independent, would no longer be able to make a major contribution to international development in the way it currently does as part of the UK.
- Scotland analysis: EU and international issues (UK government) (17 January 2014) - The UK government said an independent Scotland within Europe would be between £1.9bn and £3.8bn worse off between 2014-20 because Scotland would no longer have access to financial benefits like the EU rebate, structural fund programme and through the Common Agricultural Policy.