Scottish Tory leader reshuffles front bench team
Scottish Tory leader Ruth Davidson has reshuffled her front bench team, marking a return from the back benches for her leadership rival Murdo Fraser.
Mr Fraser was named the party's enterprise, energy and tourism spokesman. Margaret Mitchell, another defeated rival, took on justice.
Cameron Buchanan, the MSP who replaced the late David McLetchie, will speak on local government.
Former leader Annabel Goldie has taken on a constitution brief.
That appointment comes in the run up to the 2014 independence referendum.
Ms Davidson, said: "The Scottish Conservatives have a strong team and will be working closely together at this crucial time to develop and promote policies designed to make a positive difference to the lives of people in Scotland.
"We are focused on holding this SNP government to account and fighting for Scotland to remain a strong part of our United Kingdom."
The full Conservative front bench team is:
- Leader - Ruth Davidson
- Deputy leader and health - Jackson Carlaw
- Chief whip - John Lamont
- Finance, employment and sustainable growth - Gavin Brown
- Justice - Margaret Mitchell
- Education and lifelong learning - Mary Scanlon
- Enterprise, energy and tourism - Murdo Fraser
- Culture, sport and young people and policy co-ordinator - Liz Smith
- Rural Affairs - Alex Fergusson
- Constitution - Annabel Goldie
- Local government and planning - Cameron Buchanan
- Environment, fishing and external affairs - Jamie McGrigor
- Infrastructure, capital investment, housing and transport - Alex Johnstone
- Public health - Nanette Milne