- The fate of more than 1,200 council seats in Scotland was revealed during a Friday results day.
- Electors went to the polls on Thursday in a Scotland-wide election to decide all 32 of the country's councils.
- The proportional representation system of STV was used instead of the first-past-the-post system, which is used for other elections.
- As in England, the Lib Dems had a bad election - losing seats to both the SNP and Labour.
- The Tories also lost seats in the council contest.
- Labour did well in Scotland's biggest cities - securing overall control of Glasgow and being the biggest party in Edinburgh.
- Steven Brocklehurst
- Deirdre Kelly
- Andrew Black
Last updated 4 May 2012Share
Updates for this Live Event are currently disabled.