West Dunbartonshire Council
- 5 April 2012
- From the section Scotland politics
- The population of the council area stood at 90,920 in 2009 and the authority employs about 5,900 full and part-time workers.
- The council's budget stands at about £208m.
- West Dunbartonshireheadquarters are based in the town of Dumbarton.
- The local authority has six wards, electing 22 councillors. One seat is currently vacant due to a resignation.
- The West Dunbartonshire Council ward of Clydebank Central was highlighted as anarea where levels of poverty "were shameful". The Campaign to End Child Poverty claimed that 31% of children in the ward were living in poverty.
- Its towns and villages include Alexandria, Balloch, Clydebank, Duntocher and Milton as well as Dumbarton.
- Part of the popular visitor area Loch Lomond is inside the local authority boundary.