- 5 April 2012
- From the section Scotland politics
- The population of the council area stood at 87,660 in 2009 and the authority employs about 4,900 full and part-time workers.
- The council's budget stands at about £198m.
- TheMoray Councilheadquarters is in the town of Elgin.
- The local authority area is in the north-east of the country, with coastline on the Moray Firth, and borders the council areas of Aberdeenshire and Highland.
- The council has eight multi-member wards, with 26 elected councillors.
- Moray'sRiver Findhorn and Pilmuir flood preventionschemes at Forres have been approved and will cost an estimated £44m.
- The council expressed concerns about theimpact of RAF job lossesin the Moray area where the airfield at RAF Kinloss will cease to operate after 31 July.