- 5 April 2012
- From the section Scotland politics
- The population of the council area stood at 80,210 in 2009 and the authority employs about 4,300 full and part-time workers.
- The council's budget stands at about £170m.
- TheInverclyde Councilheadquarters is in the Clyde coast town of Greenock.
- The local authority has six multi-member wards, with 20 elected councillors.
- BBC One's award winning school drama seriesWaterloo Road is to re-locatefrom its current Rochdale base to Greenock. The move will see the former Greenock secondary become the new on-screen Waterloo Road school from next year.
- As well as Greenock, key parts of the council include Port Glasgow, Kilmacolm, Gourock, Inverkip and Wemyss Bay.