- 5 April 2012
- From the section Scotland politics
- The population of the council area stood at 152,480 in 2009 and the authority employs about 7,400 full and part-time workers.
- The council's budget stands at about £340m.
- Falkirk Councilboasts that it has a level D Council tax of £1,070 for 2012/13 which remains the second lowest in mainland Scotland.
- Four years ago thegreen light was givenfor work to be started on a £5.2m flood prevention scheme for Bo'ness protecting up to 300 homes and commercial properties at risk.
- Attractions in and around Falkirk include the Falkirk Wheel, Callendar House and Park and remnants of the Antonine Wall.
- There are nine multi-member wards on Falkirk Council, electing 32 councillors.
- The local authority's administrative base is in the central lowlands town of Falkirk.