Dundee City Council
- 5 April 2012
- From the section Scotland politics
- The population of the city stood at 143,390 in 2009. The authority has about 7,200 full-time posts.
- Dundee City Councilhas a budget of about £350m.
- To the east of Dundee the area is industrial, containing the docks that are important to the off-shore oil industry.
- The west of the city has a vibrant student population attending Dundee's two universities.
- Dundee, once famed as a city of "jute, jam and journalism", is now remodelled on being a "city of discovery".
- Thevideo games industryis a key industry for Dundee.
- A £1bn project is now underway to re-discover the area's waterfront. From now until 2030, buildings which have become a familiar sight in the city will be gone, roads re-routed, new civic spaces created and new offices built.