Rose Lode Nursery E. coli outbreak 'caused by hand hygiene'
- 2 October 2012
- From the section NE Scotland, Orkney & Shetland
An E. coli outbreak involving an Aberdeenshire nursery was most likely caused by one youngster spreading it to others due to a failure of hand hygiene, a report has said.
The outbreak centred around the Rose Lodge Nursery School in Aboyne in May.
The report said it was most likely caused by one youngster having contact with animal faeces in nearby fields or by drinking contaminated water at home.
It then spread to three other infants, two staff and a family member at home.
The report was considered by the board of NHS Grampian on Tuesday afternoon.