Seventh cat poisoned with antifreeze in Culloden

Cat Biffy Biffy died on 1 May

A seventh cat in two years has been poisoned with antifreeze in Culloden in Inverness, the Scottish SPCA has said.

The animal welfare charity said the latest pet was a four year old called Biffy. The cat, which lived in Walker Crescent, died on 1 May.

Three other cats from Walker Crescent died in March 2012.

Three cats from nearby Hazel Avenue died between April 2013 and January this year. The SSPCA said it was "extremely concerned".

Senior Inspector Andy Brown said: "Yet another beloved pet has lost its life and Biffy's owner is understandably devastated, as are all the other families whose cats have died under such awful circumstances.

"One man from Hazel Avenue has now lost three cats and has even considered moving home because of this."

More on This Story

Related Stories

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Highlands & Islands



9 °C 4 °C


Try our new site and tell us what you think. Learn more
Take me there

Copyright © 2015 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.