Twelve rescued from tenement fire in Govanhill
Twelve people have been rescued from a fire, thought to have been deliberate, at a tenement in Glasgow.
The fire service received several calls about a blaze in Chapman Street in the Govanhill area just before 06:00.
A number of families were trapped in the building, including a family-of-three who were rescued using a ladder.
All 12 rescued were suffering from slight or moderate smoke inhalation. They were treated at the scene.
The fire, which is being treated as wilful fireraising was extinguished in 30 minutes.
A spokesman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue service said: "We were immediately faced with a well-developed fire within the storage cupboard in the common close. There was heavy smoke logging within the close affecting the means of escape for the residents.
"This was an extremely challenging incident. Before we arrived we knew people were trapped inside and our number one priority was to get them to safety.
"The crews have worked extremely well and due to their hard work and efforts we quickly extinguished the fire and confirmed that all people are safe and well."
Did you take any pictures - still or moving - of this fire? Send them to the BBC Scotland news website at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure when filming or photographing an incident that you make your safety and the safety of others a priority.
If you submit an image, you do so in accordance with the BBC's Terms and Conditions.