Man suffers burns in kitchen fire at Irvine home

A man is being treated in hospital for burns after a fire broke out in the kitchen of his home in North Ayrshire.

Fire crews went to the property on Scott Road, Irvine, following a 999 call at about 17:45 on Monday.

Firefighters in breathing apparatus entered the building and extinguished the flames.

The householder approached crews at the scene and was taken to hospital by paramedics after he was found to have suffered burns.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Glasgow & West

Weather

Glasgow

16 °C 8 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.