Three rescued after Ibrox tenement fire

Three people have been taken to hospital after a fire in a tenement block in Glasgow.

The blaze broke out in the kitchen of a flat in the Ibrox area of the city at about 01:00.

Firefighters rescued one person from the stairwell and two from inside a flat.

They were taken to the Southern General Hospital after suffering smoke inhalation.

Meanwhile, another man was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a house fire on the island of Islay.

Emergency services were alerted to the blaze in Port Ellen at about 03:00.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Glasgow & West

Weather

Glasgow

Min. Night 13 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.