Carbon monoxide scare at flats in Pollokshields

Fire crews at the scene Fire crews evacuated flats from two closes in the Barrland Street flats

A carbon monoxide scare at a block of flats in Glasgow's south side has been traced to a contractor's generator.

Firefighters were called to the five-storey block, in Barrland Street, on the edge of Pollokshields, at 14:25 on Thursday, after alarms were activated.

Crews in breathing apparatus cleared a large number of flats. No-one was reported injured.

Atmospheric tests by a hazardous materials officer and a scientific advisor later identified the cause.

The fire service said three appliances and an environmental protection unit had been deployed to the scene.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Glasgow & West

Weather

Glasgow

19 °C 12 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.