Oban hotel guests struck by sickness bug

Bay Great Western Hotel Shearings said steps had been taken to contain the outbreak

Related Stories

More than two dozen guests at an Oban hotel have been struck down by a sickness bug, believed to be norovirus.

So far 27 people staying at the Bay Great Western Hotel are known to have come down with the winter vomiting bug.

Environmental health officers from Argyll and Bute Council are working with the hotel's owner, Shearings, to limit the spread of the outbreak.

Shearings said the hotel remains open for business but confirmed it had turned away a coach party last night.

A company spokesman said: "A number of residents at the hotel have shown symptoms that are consistent with norovirus.

"The hotel has been in regular contact with the local environmental health department and has followed all guidance.

"In line with our health and safety procedures, steps have been taken to ensure that the virus is contained."

More on This Story

Related Stories

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Glasgow & West



9 °C 8 °C


Try our new site and tell us what you think. Learn more
Take me there

Copyright © 2015 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.