Pupils return to Edinburgh schools after threatening calls led to evacuation
- 1 February 2016
- From the section Edinburgh, Fife & East Scotland
Pupils have returned to two schools in Edinburgh which were evacuated after threatening phone calls.
Pupils at the Royal High School and at Tynecastle High in Gorgie were taken from their classes on Monday at 10:30.
Separately, two schools in Glasgow - High School of Glasgow and Hillhead High - were searched after threatening calls were received.
They were not evacuated and police said nothing untoward was found in either Edinburgh or Glasgow.
Police Scotland said the two Edinburgh schools had been evacuated after threats were made to three schools in the city.
"Officers attended and searched all three premises, and nothing untoward was found," said a spokesman.
"The schools are now operating as normal and inquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances surrounding this."
Pupils at the third Edinburgh school, Boroughmuir High, were not required to leave their classrooms.
An Edinburgh city council spokesman said: "Staff and pupils are now back in the schools, operating as normal, and Police Scotland are continuing with their inquiries."