Families evacuated after Cowdenbeath gas leak allowed home
- 7 July 2014
- From the section Edinburgh, Fife & East Scotland
Thirty two people who had to be moved from their homes following a gas leak in Fife have been allowed back in.
The incident happened near Central Park football ground in Cowdenbeath.
Members of a visiting circus discovered the leak as they were dismantling their equipment at about 20:40 on Sunday.
They were sent to bed and breakfast accommodation for the night, along with residents of Chapel Street and Rowan Street.
A police spokesman said the residents were out of their homes for about seven hours.