Edinburgh, Fife & East Scotland

Man treated for hand burns following Edinburgh flat fire

A man has been treated in hospital for burns to his hands following a fire in his Edinburgh home.

The man was injured after he tried to put out the chip pan fire in his first-floor flat in Viewforth.

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said the fire started after the man, who was taken to Edinburgh Royal infirmary, fell asleep.

The flat suffered significant fire and smoke damage.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites