Man, woman and child treated after Edinburgh flat fire

A child, a woman and a man have been taken to hospital after an early morning fire in a flat in Edinburgh.

Fire crews were called to the property in Elbe Street in Leith at about 05:00.

It is believed the blaze started in a chip pan.

The three people were taken the city's Royal Infirmary to be treated for the effects of smoke inhalation.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Edinburgh, Fife and East

Weather

Edinburgh

Min. Night 13 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.