Pair in hospital after Edinburgh kitchen fire

Two people have been taken to hospital as a precaution following a kitchen fire at a flat in Edinburgh.

The blaze broke out just before 22:00 on Wednesday at the second-floor property in Wardlaw Terrace.

The man and woman managed to get out of the flat themselves before firefighters arrived to extinguish the blaze.

The fire service said the pair were taken by ambulance to the city's Royal Infirmary as a precautionary measure.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Edinburgh, Fife and East

Weather

Edinburgh

13 °C 9 °C

Features

  • chocolate cake and strawberriesTrick your tongue

    Would this dessert taste different on a black plate?


  • Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George leaving New Zealand'Great ambassadors'

    How New Zealand reacted to William, Kate - and George


  • Major Power Failure ident on BBC2Going live

    Why BBC Two's launch was not all right on the night


  • Front display of radio Strange echoes

    What are the mysterious sequences of numbers read out on shortwave radio?


  • A letter from a Somali refugee to a Syrian child'Be a star'

    Children's uplifting letters of hope to homeless Syrians


BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.