As it happened: Wednesday at conference
- The final day of the Conservative Party conference in Manchester
- David Cameron redrafts part of his big speech to clarify a remark which appeared to call on households to pay off their credit card bills
- The prime minister tells activists his deficit reduction plan will turn the UK's fortunes around, "but only if we stick to it"
- Foreign Secretary William Hague says the government's approach to the EU is "in tune with the instincts of the British people"
- Defence Secretary Liam Fox says Nato must remain the main defender of European countries in his speech