Three Londonderry men sent for trial over explosives find
Three Londonderry men are to go on trial in Belfast charged in connection with the discovery of an explosive device in the city last year.
The accused are Jason Ceulemans, 40, from Lecky Road, 47-year-old Damien Harkin from Westland Avenue, and Neil Hegarty, 48, from Sackville Court.
They are charged with conspiring to cause an explosion, possessing an improvised explosive device with intent and under suspicious circumstances.
They were remanded in custody.
The three men are also charged with possessing a walkie-talkie radio and a torch on suspicion that they were for use in an act of terrorism.
At the preliminary enquiry on Thursday the charges were put to the defendants, who said they had nothing to say at this stage.
The judge said he accepted the defendants had a prima facie case to answer.
Their trial will take place in Belfast Crown Court on a date yet to be fixed.