Northern Ireland

Chef critical after accidentally drinking oven cleaner

Royal Victoria Hospital
Image caption Mr Slane was taken to the Royal Victoria Hospital in Belfast

A chef remains in a critical condition after accidentally drinking what is believed to be oven cleaner while working at a Belfast restaurant.

Sean Slane, 40, was working at Goodfellas in west Belfast on Sunday when he accidentally drank the cleaning fluid from a drink bottle.

A spokesperson for the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust confirmed that Mr Slane remains in a critical condition.

A staff member at the restaurant declined to comment.

Related Topics