Gas fitter charged over teenage Castlerock deaths
- 14 January 2013
- From the section Northern Ireland
A gas fitter from Coleraine has appeared in court charged in connection with the deaths of two teenagers.
Aaron Davidson and Neil McFerran, both 18, died from carbon monoxide poisoning at a holiday apartment in Castlerock, County Londonderry, in August 2010.
George Brown, 51, of Ballygawley Road, Aghadowey, appeared at Coleraine Magistrates Court on Monday.
He is charged with two counts of manslaughter and 19 charges under health and safety legislation.
The safety charges include failing to ensure the safety of non-employees and failing to test a gas appliance after installation.
Mr Brown was released on bail and the case was adjourned until 28 January.